FOR YOUR INFORMATION
At Simple Pets Relocations, we believe an informed customer is a happy customer. Our website is intended to help answer any questions you may have. If you need additional information, please feel free to call!
- KENNEL INFORMATION:
Due to new security measures, all food taped on kennels must be in a clear bag taped with clear tape. Only small bags of food are acceptable. As always, health certificates will be in a clear packing envelope and will also be taped to the top of the kennel. No toys or medications are allowed inside the kennel or taped on the kennel. Only bedding material, food and water containers and animals are permitted inside the kennel. All other items will be removed and discarded by the airlines. Easy PETS Relocation recommends you do not send registration papers with your shipments.
All pet shipping kennels must be airline approved, non-collapsible and have ventilation on three sides with a ventilated entrance gate on the fourth side. Kennels with doors on top are not acceptable. Animals must have room to stand up without their ears touching the top of the kennel and be able to turn around comfortably. If you attempt to ship your pet in an undersized kennel, the airlines will reject the shipment. When in doubt, use a larger kennel. Additionally, if a kennel size is larger than booked or a shipment weighs more than booked, the pet owner agrees to pay the higher price of shipping. All kennels must have one food and one water container. Dual cups are acceptable. All containers must be securely fastened to the kennel door. Easy Pets Relocation does not recommend the snap on cups as they have a tendency to come off easily and may cause the shipment to be turned down by the airline.
For Your Information
- You will need to provide four copies of your pet's health certificate. The original certificate will be attached to the top of the kennel in a clear packing envelope. The other three need to be given to the airline representative. Intrastate health certificates can be no more than ten days old at the time of shipping. When shipping to Canada, health certificates can be no more than 72 hours old at the time of the airline departure.
- If temperatures are predicted to fall below 45 degrees or above 85 degrees anywhere along your pet's travel route, you must have an acclimation statement from your veterinarian. Easy Pets Relocation recommends the following wording on your acclimation statement: The animal in this shipment is acclimated to temperatures below 45 degrees down to _______ degrees and above 85 degrees up to_______
- For international shipments, an international health certificate is required. This certificate is issued by a veterinarian and states that your pet is in good health and approved to fly. These certificates must be approved by the United States Department of Agriculture. Each country/region has different requirements for their certificates. These certificates are valid for a certain length of time which is determined by each country/region
In general, it is required that dogs and cats be vaccinated against rabies at least 30 days prior to entry, except for puppies and kittens younger than three months and dogs and cats originated or located for six months in areas considered to be free of rabies. Dogs and cats coming from areas not free of rabies must be accompanied by a valid rabies vaccination certificate. If your animal has not been vaccinated for rabies or your rabies certificate is not valid, your animal may be admitted if it is confined immediately upon arrival at a place of the owner's choosing. The animal must be vaccinated within four days after arrival at the final destination, but no more than ten days after the arrival at the port of entry. The animal must remain in confinement for at least 30 days after being vaccinated. Keep in mind that these are general guidelines that can change at any time. These guidelines may vary from country to country.
Easy Pets Relocation recommends that you attach a complete vaccination record with your health certificate showing all of your animals vaccines including rabies. In a rare instance, your pet may need to be boarded during travel and the boarding facility will require proof of shots
Due to the high cost of fuel there may be a fuel surcharge added to each shipment. Fuel surcharges vary from week to week and by airline so any fuel surcharges will be calculated on a per shipment basis. There may also be an additional security charge depending on the airline.
When checking your pets in with the airlines, if a kennel size is larger than booked or a shipment weighs more than booked, the pet owner agrees to pay the higher price of shipping.
REFUND POLICY IS AS FOLLOWS:
- Due to the in-depth paperwork that is required, any international shipment that is cancelled for any reason, including weather, once a reservation has been made, will be charged a cancellation fee of $100.00. Any domestic shipment cancelled for any reason, including weather, will be charged a $50.00 fee. There is no charge for rescheduling a shipment for a later date.
- For domestic and international shipments, once an airway bill has been processed, cancellation of the airway bill by the pet owner for any reason will result in a loss of booking fee and any costs incurred from the airline for an airway bill refund. In addition, any other completed services provided by Simple Pets Relocations (veterinary services, pet taxi services, documentation services, etc.) will not be refunded to customer.
- The safety of your pet is of the utmost importance to Simple Pets Relocations, our representatives and to the airlines that we utilize. However, Simple Pets Relocations will not be held liable for the death of an animal due to natural causes. Furthermore, Simple Pets Relocations will not be held liable in the rare case of a mishap with the contracted carrier.
- To find out where your pet is at any time during their flight, you can use the following links. Simply enter your airway bill number in the appropriate place to receive the latest update on your pet's flight.